↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Buzzweld chassis paint
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
PetetheVet

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Buzzweld chassis paint
Apologies if you’ve heard this all before but I’ve finally got around to painting the chassis and rear cross member, been putting it off for too long, partly because of all the products on the market and conflicting opinions on what to use. Rightly or wrongly I went for Buzzweld rust encapsulator (RE), WAR and cavity paint for the chassis and Passive8 and 2k for the cross member.

I opted to brush on 2 coats of the RE so ended up with a thicker finish than ideal but it meant I got into all the angles and didn’t have to worry about aerosol overspray. Despite looking like something you would paint your shed with, this stuff is not pleasant and warrants good PPE!

The WAR is easy to apply over the RE but dries quickly which can make it tricky to get a good finish so a combination of brush and aerosols works well. The finish seems tough and repels water well.

It definitely ended up being more expensive and time consuming than I first thought but I would definitely use Buzzweld again, based on the application and appearance, the products seem top quality. Also decided to switch the tow electrics to 13pin, mudflap brackets from Bison and A4 ss bolts from YRM.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #1039801 12th Jul 2024 6:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1