Home > Tdi > Front springs
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
TomB8

United Kingdom 1994 Defender 110 300 Tdi HT Arles Blue
Front springs
All,

Apologies, this has probably been asked before, but I keep coming across contradictory information.

I would like to buy replacement front springs for my 110 300tdi. I see from the spring rate table posted in various places that the left is different to the right, however, there is, in several threads, a different table often linked which states the front springs should be the same.

Which springs to buy? NRC8044 and 8045, or just 8045? Does it even really matter if after market springs come in same length pairs?

If it makes any difference, I have been gifted a pair of brown/purple for the rear (same left and right).
Post #1037647 17th Jun 2024 1:16am
shaynecm

United Kingdom 
the OEM springs have a difference on the drivers side as they account for always having a driver. there isnt much difference in the spring rate but there is a difference. Some aftermarket springs dont account for thi .

I stuck with OEM specs with mine and it rides great as took off previouse owners HD spring britpart gas setup.

also i would stick with OEM girling shocks and oil filled sterring damper the gas ones add bias.
Post #1037670 17th Jun 2024 9:50am
TomB8

United Kingdom 1994 Defender 110 300 Tdi HT Arles Blue
Thanks for your reply. I just find it odd that some tables reference both being the same and some reference the need for them to be different. Either way, glad to hear that you went with the different heights and it doesn't make the car look wonky.

I thought the stock shocks were Boge, which is what I was going to purchase... once I figured out the part numbers, although I am starting to think they are all the same (RSC100050 or STC3769)

When you say the gas steering damper adds bias, what do you mean? I put an OME one on a year ago and really cant tell the difference, which was a bit disappointing.
Post #1037722 17th Jun 2024 11:06pm
shaynecm

United Kingdom 
for tdi

NRC8045 - Passengers
NRC8044 - Drivers

All gas filled steering dampers naturally want to push the piston out when connected to the car this causes the car to want to pull very slightly to one side vs the oil filled OEM dampers which will just sit where ever they are.

The OEM ones are about £20

I have had Britpart, OME and Bilstine dampers but the oil filled OEM ones are the better choice. they have good road feel.

Shocks wise the OEM dampers were Girling for 300 TDi 110 very good on road and makes the ride comfortable with the std springs.

only time you need HD springs is if you carry large loads/overlander or just fronts HD if you have a winch.
Post #1037738 18th Jun 2024 8:25am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1