↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [For Sale] RoofBox Classic hardshell rooftent (pre-owned)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
HTB

United Kingdom 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 HT Buckingham Blue
[For Sale] RoofBox Classic hardshell rooftent (pre-owned)
For sale is my RoofBox Classic hardshell roof tent which I purchased used last year but has been stored in a dry hanger ever since. Plans for a trip around Europe have changed and I am not going to use it so it needs to go. Will be going up on Ebay in a few days if no interest here.

The previous owner who was a tentbox ambassador, and used it on a Disco 3, sprayed the shell in a hi-coat - a little like Raptor paint, having scratched it whilst camping in woodland. Scratchinhg is a common issue depending on use off the beaten track, or not, and saves the £500 for a new glossy top which will be scratched again by overhanging branches or that height limit bar on a car park.... It gives it a matt finish. There is also a small crack about 3cm long in the lip of the top shell (see photo 4th down) but this is cosmetic, isn't structural and doesn't affect the waterproof nature of the tentbox at all. The interior is in perfect condition. I 'ummed and ahhed' about the crack for a while before buying this tent (and the paint finish), but neither have ben a source of any regret for me.

Comes with the ladder and original fixings for roof bars. I also have Frontrunner quick release brackets that allow the roof to be removed quickly for storage and if needed brand new unused Flatdog brackets. The photo below doesn't show that you can fit these below the bars on a FlatDog or similar roofrack, so the rooftent sits down closer to the rack. I also have an unused Fabsil cleaning and re-proofing kit that I'll include.

Looking for £1200. Rooftent is in my unit at Fairoaks Airport, Surrey, 10 minutes off the M25.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Small crack near corner

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #1026440 1st Mar 2024 9:15am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1