↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > P400e Area (L663) > Alarm goes off when charging at night!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Tomytito

France 
Yes, I have the same experience
We're gradually finding the problem, and now we know the cause! This has nothing to do with charging, and happens even during the day (except that you usually have to charge at night that is why you think it happens only during a night).
It's a problem with the vehicle's internet connection and therefore the connectivity menu!
There is a conflict with the internet connection which creates the alarm during charging.
When the internet connection is interrupted, the alarm never rings.
I'm waiting for my dealership manager to come back from vacation next week to take the car back for the 8th time, because my car has lost its internet connection since Sunday, even though in the Connectivity menu the SIM connection option is activated.
As a result, I can't get the weather, Alexa or Spotify, but the alarm hasn't been ringing at all since this breakdown, so it's related! By the way, you should see your operator flashing in the SIM connectivity menu...
You need to keep your eyes fixed on your SIM operator and normally you should see it appear and disappear very quickly, as if it were constantly losing and searching for a network.
In addition, your weather application must not be working or must be working very poorly (normally the weather application almost never works when you click on it to see the weather for the next few days).
And in the liveapps menu, if you click on the application log, it normally doesn't work...
This shows that you have a connection problem.
On my side, they've been changed: the PIVI module, and the TCU telematics module with a new SIM card inside, but the alarm still went off.
This time we know that the alarm is indeed caused by a connectivity problem for sure (100%), it hasn't been ringing since I lost my internet connection, but we don't know whether it's a software problem or a hardware problem (antenna?).
If your dealership finds the solution before I do, please let me know !
How old is your Defender ? Do you use Alexa, weather and or Spotify ?
Best regards
Post #1049658 24th Oct 2024 4:09pm
Biffyg

Wow, sounds like you've had a tough time. I'm going to check out that connectivity issue tomorrow and let you know. I don't often use Alexa, spotify or weather, mainly I use android auto and that connection comes through my phone. Saying that though, I don't get a lot of notifications about the car on the app now and also the keyless entry isn't working like it was previously. I have to press the button on the fob. 24MY 110 p400e HSE in Tasman Blue
Post #1049684 24th Oct 2024 7:39pm
Fifer

Mrs Fifer’s PHEV Evoque has been with the dealer since June awaiting a replacement part for this issue. I calculate that at 20% of the time she has had the car it’s been in with this problem.

At least she had a courtesy car (Disco Sport PHEV) which is functioning without trouble thus far.

Last edited by Fifer on 24th Oct 2024 7:55pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #1049685 24th Oct 2024 7:39pm
Biffyg

That's madness! 24MY 110 p400e HSE in Tasman Blue
Post #1049689 24th Oct 2024 7:53pm
Tomytito

France 
Fifer wrote:
Mrs Fifer’s PHEV Evoque has been with the dealer since June awaiting a replacement part for this issue. I calculate that at 20% of the time she has had the car it’s been in with this problem.

At least she had a courtesy car (Disco Sport PHEV) which is functioning without trouble thus far.

I'd be interested to know what the spare part is, as it's hard to know whether it's hardware or software, as many parts linked to connectivity have been changed on my car except the antenna.
I hope we're not far off the mark
Now that I've got this new bug since Sunday we can be sure that the origin of the alarm is a problem with the internet connection.
Biffyg: even if you're using Android Auto, which works very well thanks to your phone (CarPlay for me), the problem with the vehicle's internet connection is there. Try unplugging the Android car app and then go to your connectivity menu to check whether the operator disappears and reappears very quickly, test the weather forecast and also the LiveApps log menu. If it doesn't work and the screen comes back to the home screen, then that's what's causing the problem. It’s like the vehicule has a problem to communicate with servers.
For example, I had trouble downloading full updates for live apps, which were always blocking at 40%.
According to my dealer, you should be able to give me your Vin number (in private) which would allow us to group the information together and perhaps understand more quickly, as our defenders are similar. I’ll give mine to you also.
Since I no longer have an internet connection (sunday) I no longer have an alarm. This evening I did another full charge without an alarm, which has almost never happened to me since I got the car (August 2023).
Post #1049695 24th Oct 2024 8:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123