Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Jen1v8

United Kingdom 
Land Rover online service
Hey Guys
Just wanted to know your experience.
I’ve just looked up the Land Rover online service information on my Puma.
Unfortunately I can only see the first service at 5000 miles and nothing since 2015.
Am I looking in the wrong place or is it a common occurrence that nothing is ever recorded?
Cheers
Graham
Post #1005217 23rd Aug 2023 5:20pm
TexasRover

France 2002 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Chawton White
Have you owned the car from new and always had (have) it serviced with Land Rover?
Post #1005264 24th Aug 2023 5:58am
the_lincs_landies

United Kingdom 
When did Land Rover make the switch to OSH? A load of mine are in the book still, but curious if when it stopped it was because they made the move to OSH
Post #1005267 24th Aug 2023 7:00am
Jen1v8

United Kingdom 
TexasRover wrote:
Have you owned the car from new and always had (have) it serviced with Land Rover?

Hello TexasRover,
No, but it was my Uncle’s from new so I know that he had it serviced every year. The thing is, the first years service is online but no more entries.
Post #1005294 24th Aug 2023 11:43am
Jen1v8

United Kingdom 
the_lincs_landies wrote:
When did Land Rover make the switch to OSH? A load of mine are in the book still, but curious if when it stopped it was because they made the move to OSH

Hello the_lincs_landies
I think I read in another post that it was around 2014.
In the driver’s pack service book it’s titled Online Service.
I’ve a funny feeling that as it was a new system, the service engineers probably didn’t enter the details online as it would have been more time consuming work for them 🤷‍♂️
Post #1005295 24th Aug 2023 11:50am
the_lincs_landies

United Kingdom 
Thanks for your reply @Jen1v8. I did end up digging out my V5 and checking OSH for the VIN but it says vehicle not eligible for OSH.

So I guess my Defenders last service was in 2012 Embarassed Either that or it wasnt in the book, and with GDPR the seller destroyed the invoices. Its not as bad as it sounds if it was 2012 as its only done about 26k miles in that 11 years.
Post #1005296 24th Aug 2023 11:59am
TexasRover

France 2002 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Chawton White
Hopefully you will be able to assess the general maintenance history with little hints here and there, such general condition and date/miles written on service items such as filters and replaced parts (brakes etc). Also obviously the condition of various fluids.

Maintenance records are hit and miss on older vehicles. Some cars come with a stack of invoices from a meticulous owner (the best scenario imho) some come with a book with a bunch of fancy stamps, others all you ever get is the V5 and most recent MOT cert. Annoyingly some dealers loose a bunch of this valuable information, including the second spare key which of course they will find and send to you (not).

Online system are completely dependent on the garage and them giving a toss. While these system started as a solution to all problems, now I think we all lost faith in that with a million for profit service providers offering indepth records for a which often turn up with some basic generic information and a bunch of spam calls and emails.

It looks like, as the new owner, it is now up to you to reset the clock and create and maintain your own maintenance records.
Post #1005305 24th Aug 2023 1:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1