Home > Puma (Tdci) > Wipers constantly on: run out of troubleshooting steps
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Zerrik90

2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Wipers constantly on: run out of troubleshooting steps
Hello!

When I brought my puma the intermittent relay was removed - thinking it had past it I ordered a new one… which I have since replaced to no avail!the wiper worked without the relay expect for washer function.although they had only OFF, ON or Fas!

I have also replace the park sensor and wiper stalk simply because the dash was out and it was easier to do so there and then. The stalk resolved the washer problem turned out on the the wires had worn through.they work fine with the relay removed with the exception that they won’t reset back to off position which I now know is not the park sensor..

My last option is the motor which is a bit more expensive than I hoped… does anyone else have any ideas?
Post #1048642 14th Oct 2024 3:41pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
When you didn't have the wiper delay ECU (it's not a relay!) fitted, did the wipers park correctly? If so, and you had off/normal/fast wiping with correct parking without the ECU fitted, then somewhere the 53S and 53M receptacles of the the ECU socket have been connected. If they were not, you would get off/normal/fast but the wipers would park wherever you turned them off. Perhaps this is what is happening, it isn't clear from your post.

It also isn't clear from your post whether they only run continuously when you now fit the ECU into the socket but I assume that this is the case. This suggests that either the park switch you have fitted isn't working or somehow fitting the ECU is causing a permanent +12V to appear on receptacle 53M of the socket.

This behaviour does suggest that someone may have messed about with your wiring.

There is more information on how the ECU works and on troubleshooting in my earlier post here.
Post #1048670 14th Oct 2024 5:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1