↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Front arch liner extensions project
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
wizzwas

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Santorini Black
Front arch liner extensions project
Hello, just sharing a follow up to a previous post I did making some rear arch liners on my 110 Puma USW.
(https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic70904.html)
I've finally got round to doing the front. Hopefully this helps people with making their own too. And unlike the back ones this can be done on 90s and I think (might be wrong) on all pre-puma Defenders with wheel arch liners.

Thankfully the front isn't as bad as the rear arches, but to me it seems just as daft having the back of the liner stop, leaving that crossmember exposed. The same goes for the front, with the bumper, although it's less important to protect.

I did the same as when I did the rear liners. Made a cardboard template that fitted comfortably and then cut it out of the same stokbord plastic sheet. To fix the front and the back I shoved them in between the liner and the brackets they mount to, which was tricky as it's quite tight. Then used the existing fixing points to put a new stainless screw through both the original liner and the new extensions.

Didn't get pictures of the process unfortunately but here is the finished product:
The front

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

And the back

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Pretty pleased with the outcome, nice and subtle like the rear and both are mounted fairly solidly. The only concern is the front extension, it's pretty secure, but not sure how it would perform at motorway speeds. Might catch the wind a bit too much and put stress on the fixings. But we shall see.
Definitely another peace of mind thing when going through puddles and in the mud, which is what these things are for after all!
I'll try and get some pictures of the templates so you guys can see the rough outline of the bits.

Hope you enjoyed and has helped anyone thinking of doing the same.
Post #870621 30th Nov 2020 9:48pm
Ianh

United Kingdom 
I loved your first solution for the rear of the 110, and plan to do it next spring after getting the chassis wax renewed. Now I’m thinking on your front wheel rear arch solution as well. The front wheel front arch extension for me would probably not work as I’m fitting a stealth front bumper .
So many thanks for posting again and look forward to seeing the template measurements.

Hopefully I will be able to get all four pieces out of a single sheet of stokbord.
Post #870646 30th Nov 2020 10:49pm
MussEd

Scotland 2013 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 USW Baltic Blue
Great job again. Thumbs Up
Post #870652 30th Nov 2020 11:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1