↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [For Sale] [For Sale] Volvo XC70 4WD, Auto For Sale - genuin
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
MartinK

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
[For Sale] [For Sale] Volvo XC70 4WD, Auto For Sale - genuin
A change in circumstances means I am going to sell my XC70. I bought the car brand new in March 2009, and always expected it to be a “keeper”. It’s been lavished with affection, careful driving, and dinitrol/ACF since new. It’s been garaged (or car-port) since new. Over-serviced – massive service history, plus I’ve also given it additional servicing over-and-above the required intervals (it’s had oil changes every 10k miles, whereas Volvo state 20k/annual).

It’s Geartronic (6 speed auto). D5 (2.4 litre 5-cylinder engine). Silver. One Owner. It has heated seats, climate control, electric folding mirrors, full (gorgeous) leather. Towbar with 7-pin electrics (I only ever towed a small trailer). Also has "Winter Pack" which includes heated seats, heated washer nozzles and a few other gadgets IIRC.

I've stopped driving for work because of COVID, so I am buying a Camper Van instead. Sadly my trusty XC70 has to go, I just can't justify the Defender, the Camper AND the Volvo....

Click image to enlarge

It IS high miles (203k), but still spot-on, and drives exactly like it should. It's not been crashed or bent. MOT’d during COVID with no Advisories. Last service 197,484 miles, 4th Jan 2020. Bodywork is fantastic for a car half this age. I think it's galvanized, because it shows no signs of corrosion anywhere. Doors (inside) and chassis has been treated with Dinitrol just like my Defender.

Click image to enlarge

It's wearing it's summer wheels and tyres just now, but it could be sold with 4 other (Volvo genuine XC) Alloys with Winter tyres on (almost new Vredestein WINTRAC tyres). Also a few service items like BNIB windscreen wipers, spare filters (inl the expensive pollen filter), and any JWS3309 I have kicking about. It has winter (rubber) mats just now, the OEM carpet mats are unused. No children, no pets, the back seat has been used 10 times max!

Took my private plate off last week, waiting for the V5 to come back.

If you want to know how well it was looked after, here's an article I wrote (the most-read-article on the Volvo forum ): https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=160569 and https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=150828
All belts and tensioners changed at 90,000 miles, and again at 171,139 miles (book says 108k but I like to keep on top of these things). Both times this was done by Hutton Bros (a favourite amongst the Volvo forum fraternity).

Dozens of receipts for servicing, but the only "repairs" have been wheel bearings, suspension bushes and one repair to the DPF. Disks and pads have plenty of life left in them, and are genuine Volvo parts.

The "Summer" Alloys fitter to the car now are Volvo "Sargas". These Winter Wheels (in my shed) are also genuine Volvo XC Alloys with Winter tyres. With these fitted the car is almost unstoppable in snow with it's 4WD:

Click image to enlarge

It's a really genuine car, but with high miles (cruising on motorway...never a run-around or school-run car). No Pets, No Smoking, No Children! Rear Seats have barely been used:

Click image to enlarge

The door jambs and hinges demonstrate the long term benefit of a wipe of ACF365 after a wash:

Click image to enlarge

Full Climate Control, Heated Seats, and Descent Control as Disco2 had! The Heated Seats are also part of a "Winter Pack" including heated washer jets,

Click image to enlarge

Cavernous, clean boot with useful tie-down points and a 12v socket:

Click image to enlarge

Leather on all seats is lovely (Driver's seat has a "Memory Function" I have never used), there are no tears or damage:

Click image to enlarge

Manuals and both keys:

Click image to enlarge

Some of the Service History:

Click image to enlarge

Open to offers, but with the spare wheels etc, I am looking for £4k, which is the lowest priced 2009 car (Gen3) I can find on autotrader or ebay by a LONG WAY. All other GEN3 cars are at least £5,999, so I am £2k cheaper…

Car is located in Silverdale, near Carnforth, just off Junct 35/36 of the M6. Happy to meet a genuine potential buyer.

New Battery (good quality VARTA one) fitted during lock-down...

WhatsApp video walk-round available on request Defender "Puma" 2.4 110 County Utility (possibly the last of the 2.4's)

Last edited by MartinK on 3rd Aug 2020 9:47am. Edited 10 times in total
Post #847644 2nd Aug 2020 5:03pm
Swine&Small

United Kingdom 
Cheap at that price Thumbs Up 1983 Series 3 Pick up in Marine Blue
1967 Morris Traveller
1966 Morris Convertible
2012 VW T5 Camper
Quod Abundat Non Obstat.
Post #847648 2nd Aug 2020 5:08pm
MartinK

Thanks Swine&Small. I know the miles will put some people off, but TBH I would have been happy to run this for many more years had it not been for the change of plan. It really was being maintained as a "keeper"... These D5 engines go on for ever... There is even a Volvo High Mileage Club: https://www.volvoclub.org.uk/miles.php

I've just registered mine for the High Mileage "charts" Smile Defender "Puma" 2.4 110 County Utility (possibly the last of the 2.4's)
Post #847649 2nd Aug 2020 5:11pm
MartinK

This car is now on the High Mileage register! Number 4773. Your chance to own some history, and take this car to the top of the charts! Defender "Puma" 2.4 110 County Utility (possibly the last of the 2.4's)
Post #847656 2nd Aug 2020 5:42pm
Greyman110

United Kingdom 
I really like this!

Sounds like a good honest car!

Was trying to think of a reason I would need it but I'd be killed if I bought another car Rolling with laughter

Good luck with the sale. I'm sure it will sell quickly! Thumbs Up
Post #847671 2nd Aug 2020 8:03pm
MartinK

Very Happy Thumbs Up Cheers Greyman. Defender "Puma" 2.4 110 County Utility (possibly the last of the 2.4's)
Post #847673 2nd Aug 2020 8:11pm
K.M

United Kingdom 2016 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Montalcino Red
What a wonderful example - credit to you!

I’m in the market for a commuter vehicle having just given up a company car and this would be perfect... if the MPG was better Big Cry

I’m sure you’ll have this snapped up in now time! GLWTS
Post #847699 2nd Aug 2020 9:52pm
MartinK

Normal MPG is mid 40's. 45-46 mpg on a run so long as you are gentle with the right foot Defender "Puma" 2.4 110 County Utility (possibly the last of the 2.4's)
Post #847707 2nd Aug 2020 10:33pm
Woody3

United Kingdom 1989 Defender 90 200 Tdi HT Bronze Green
Greyman110 wrote:
I really like this!

Sounds like a good honest car!

Was trying to think of a reason I would need it but I'd be killed if I bought another car Rolling with laughter

Good luck with the sale. I'm sure it will sell quickly! Thumbs Up

Ditto the above!

I'm a bit of a Volvo fanatic Embarassed (the missus also has a V40).

Might have to do some man maths to try and justify selling my trusty 13 year old Fiesta for it... Whistle
Post #847712 2nd Aug 2020 11:58pm
Bish

2002 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Java Black
PM sent.

Thanks

Bish
Post #847730 3rd Aug 2020 8:13am
MartinK

I have been asked for more details via a few PM's. Here we go:
1. It did not come with a spare wheel, so I bought one. It's a space-saver, never used. Includes the jack and wheel brace. The locking-wheel-nut-key is there too:

Click image to enlarge

2. Tyres. It can be sold with the Winter Wheels which have Vredestein WINTRAC tyres, which are just two winters old, and barely worn. The "summer wheels" do not have much tread left, but they are legal. Typically I would swap to winter wheels around bonfire night, and then back to summer wheels at Easter. The summer wheels will get you to November (unless you do crazy miles) when I would put the winter tyres on. You COULD run the winter wheels through next summer (and the next few years if you like!) to avoid the costs of tyres. The summer tyres are:

Click image to enlarge

3. DAB/CRUISE etc. The 2009 predates DAB and Bluetooth. No worries here as I listen to Radio2 or Smooth FM. The radio does have input for a standard 3.5mm jack so you can play via your phone or MP3. The steering wheel is multifunction, and you can see the indicator stalk has the controls for the on board computer:

Click image to enlarge

4. Maybe I should have vaccuumed the footwells (I have not valeted the car, this is how it's kept). There's no wear to carpets or pedals. The Volvo "winter" rubber mats do a great job of keeping the carpets clean:

Click image to enlarge

Road tax sadly went up last year to £325 annual.

I advertised the car in two places, and getting lots of interest!

My brother lives in Reading, and my Girlfriend in St Albans so I could arrange to meet in either of those places for a firm buyer. Defender "Puma" 2.4 110 County Utility (possibly the last of the 2.4's)
Post #847744 3rd Aug 2020 9:29am
MartinK

Sale pending to a member of this parish Smile
TBH I think I priced it too low. Had loads of interest on this and one other forum (the GS motorcycle forum!). Did not want tyre-kickers from ebay or FB marketplace.
Bargain for the member, I really hope it's gone to a good home Smile It probably has being a Defender enthusiast Smile Defender "Puma" 2.4 110 County Utility (possibly the last of the 2.4's)
Post #847759 3rd Aug 2020 10:37am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1