↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Touched up the wife’s undercarriage!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
mk1collector

England 2004 Defender 110 Td5 CSW Bonatti Grey
Touched up the wife’s undercarriage!
Well, as we’ve had some not too shabby weather lately I was in a good mood so told the wife it was undercarriage fettling time! It’s been a while since I’ve been down there and there was no putting it off any longer. Being from Yorkshire I didn’t want to pay someone else to come along, quickly spray their wax and leave, and thought I could do a thorough job myself for the old girl. I donned the appropriate safety gear so none of the fluids got anywhere they shouldn’t and got down on my knees for a look. Well... I didn’t think it would look as old and tired as that!! So out came the wire brushes and degreaser then a good freshen up and she looks like a much younger model again! It’s a big job as she’s a big lass so I’m doing it in sections and am two days in so far but she’s looking better already. I only got a couple of pics while I was down there as it was a dirty job and I didn’t want to take my gloves off till I’d finished.

Oops nearly put a pic of the wife in her pants then! Wouldn’t want to subject anyone to that!! Rolling with laughter

So here’s before.

Click image to enlarge

And with a freshen up and some paint on.

Click image to enlarge

Just after I’d finished the first section.

I’ve done the main part of the chassis but I need to take the wheels off to finish the shock towers and some small sections then I’ll give it a week to dry and stick some dinitrol over it. Might take it to a truck chassis wash place before the wax to make sure all the muck is off the under body. Ray
My build thread
http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic17615.html
Post #831694 18th May 2020 12:37am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1