↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > My Defender > BeaTie
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 27 of 27 <123 ... 252627
Print this entire topic · 
L110CDL

England 
Good plan there Procta Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up.

Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #1041511 31st Jul 2024 9:17pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
yeah, i will see if can get this back on the road quicker, the place that did my dads landy stated that they could have back to me in 48 hrs, but they have the time to do it and closer. But they are wanting 1900 if i go cash, more expensive though. Plus if the box does go i am not that far from them. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #1041610 2nd Aug 2024 12:25am
L110CDL

England 
Things usually work themselves out in the long run to make life a little bit less stressful Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up.

Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #1042008 5th Aug 2024 8:34pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
well i thought id have look at a few things while its off the road.
looks like the main leak i have is to do with the gearbox. As i thought it could have been the rocker cover gasket After whipping off the engine cover, all is ok there. So a good stray with carb cleaner cleaned up the engine bay.
Also i checked why the boom slang Head lamp loom failed, knew it was an earth, so relocated it, and i have the head lights back in action again, on the loom. Also found out that i have a coolant leak, on the blead screw, on the rad hose. Which just dropped to pieces on me. So a new rad hose and a blead screw on order.
Then i decided to look at why the rev counter was so hit and miss, then my binnacle dropped to pieces. I was like sod this! and put the car back together, as things were just not working my way.
Something is taking the mick out of me at the moment sadly, I have seemed to have hit a point, where everything is just going tits up. So things are not going my way for me or my family, at this moment.
I could really hit someone, really i could. Rolling Eyes Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #1042096 7th Aug 2024 1:51am
Procta

United Kingdom 
Beatie is in for her gearbox replacement, what a ride getting it to the garage. I recon another 10 miles and i recon that would have been Time gentlemen please.
By the time i was coming to the end of journey there, the noise when i was in fifth gear was well bad, the odd slushy noise, was starting to get worse. Shocked
Also just before i set off, me and my dad changed the top hose, just move the odds in my favour, got an alu bleed screw, to go on, But that will be installed when i get the car back. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #1042317 9th Aug 2024 1:15pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
Beatie is back in action! After £1900 quid bill, for replacement box and back to the single clutch and flywheel, No Dual mass this time.
They gave me the story that the mass was toast, i was like ok etc, It was pulling ok before it went in man. They did have good job on mine, but then again its a simple process of swopping a gearbox and clutch over, and not a land rover rebuild. Yeah i have had to pay more than i would have, but they were the only ones free that could do it. All is ok for the moment, and laugh is, the rev counter that works when it wants to, is working now. Shocked I did have a press around of the connectors on where it was spliced into, So god knows what the story is with that.
I am going to see where i am funds wise, and i will start rolling out some stuff, Really want to do those door cards.

Also tonight there i blew away a boy racer in a bmw going up hill, He wasn't happy after been smoked by a defender. All you heard was a worr as he went flying past. Laughing Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #1042874 16th Aug 2024 12:34am
L110CDL

England 
That is good news Procta and you can't beat " rollin coal " Wink Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up.

Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #1042965 16th Aug 2024 8:45pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
After a bit of a run with the car, i decided to upgrade the bleed screw from the plastic unit to a metal one from brit part. Not sure if this is a good move, so i have kept the original one in the car. Topped the coolant up with the pink stuff as normal. So i am slowly getting back on track.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Also i have a working rev counter Shocked But i recon that's been down to the bell housing been cleaned of oil, plus the defender seems to be running better too.

Click image to enlarge
 Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Post #1043700 23rd Aug 2024 8:47pm
L110CDL

England 
All good there Procta Thumbs Up 1996 Golf Blue 300Tdi 110 Pick up.

Keeper.

Clayton.
Post #1043705 23rd Aug 2024 9:05pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 27 of 27 <123 ... 252627