↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > Defender related!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Defender related!
Because I need to sell this to get one Wink Or maybe a deal on one you own but would prefer to buy a 28K Demo and has to be a 110SW or SW Utility near new in Silver!! Was offered 28K for this last year but would take 26K Thumbs Up

http://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/classi...rno/123910
Post #58066 9th Feb 2011 6:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
K9F

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Stornoway Grey
Cor Blimey Zagato! Nice wheels! I'd be all at a quandry whether to sell or not to sell! No wonder you are covering all the angles! In effect you'd be 'leaving one world for a totally different one!' That vehicle is the epitome of uniqueness and will be more difficult to attain in the Defender world in my opinion! Good luck with the sale and I hope you get a worthy price and quickly too, that way you could possibly get your Defender long before the end of the year! Thumbs Up

Rolling with laughter Did you do a search before advertising? Think there may be a few others the same for sale on here! Rolling with laughter Couldn't resist sorry mate! Laughing If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Treat every day as if it is your last....one day you will be right!!
Post #58138 9th Feb 2011 9:08pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Yeah a really tough decision Mal, it is beautiful and something else to drive. I was very lucky to buy it, they don't come up like this factory built very often and I would never be able to afford another. Four other people were fighting for it when it came up for sale. We all had to go into an office and before the salesman had a chance to open his mouth I threw my credit card on the desk and suggested the the others leave as the deal was done Wink It pays to be bombastic sometimes Mr. Green

I said I would never sell it BUT I have to do the right thing and free some money up to sort the house out AND I want a Defender desperately again. Driving the 1962 Series everyday is getting to me and the kids won't be able to go in the front once they have outgrown their child's seats (seat belt issues in a truck cab!) so I have to be sensible and I can right some of the Puma off against tax.

I love Series & Defenders. A Puma is the only thing that has swayed my affections enough for me to swap, and I have always wanted one of the last before they stop making them so I can keep it for life. My Series will do the dirty work and I will keep the Puma nice (almost as a classic) so it will be cherished for a long time.

I still have my boat, Series 2 rebuild and my old BSA so can't complain, my poor old wife has nothing but a rotten old house, disgusting carpets, ripped wallpaper, no draw fronts In her broken 1970's kitchen - you get the picture, so it's time to "sort my house out" as they say.

Chris
Post #58143 9th Feb 2011 9:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
K9F wrote:

Rolling with laughter Did you do a search before advertising? Laughing

Laughing I've been searching the whole gallery all afternoon looking at shiny Puma's - can't wait to get one and be the saddest Censored on the forum touching up bits with copper grease and polishing the exhaust Rolling Eyes My hearts racing just thinking about it - what would a life be without cars & bikes - god bless the internal combustion engine Rolling with laughter

Last edited by Zagato on 9th Feb 2011 9:46pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #58145 9th Feb 2011 9:42pm
Sonic3d

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Stornoway Grey
Don't do it Shocked you will regret it. No Defender is worth selling that for Thumbs Up
Post #58146 9th Feb 2011 9:42pm
T1G UP

England 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Orkney Grey
Zagato wrote:
Yeah a really tough decision Mal, it is beautiful and something else to drive. I was very lucky to buy it, they don't come up like this factory built very often and I would never be able to afford another. Four other people were fighting for it when it came up for sale. We all had to go into an office and before the salesman had a chance to open his mouth I threw my credit card on the desk and suggested the the others leave as the deal was done Wink It pays to be bombastic sometimes Mr. Green

I said I would never sell it BUT I have to do the right thing and free some money up to sort the house out AND I want a Defender desperately again. Driving the 1962 Series everyday is getting to me and the kids won't be able to go in the front once they have outgrown their child's seats (seat belt issues in a truck cab!) so I have to be sensible and I can right some of the Puma off against tax.

I love Series & Defenders. A Puma is the only thing that has swayed my affections enough for me to swap, and I have always wanted one of the last before they stop making them so I can keep it for life. My Series will do the dirty work and I will keep the Puma nice (almost as a classic) so it will be cherished for a long time.

I still have my boat, Series 2 rebuild and my old BSA so can't complain, my poor old wife has nothing but a rotten old house, disgusting carpets, ripped wallpaper, no draw fronts In her broken 1970's kitchen - you get the picture, so it's time to "sort my house out" as they say.

Chris

wise words, sort the house out, make a home for your wife and kids, cars come and go but you'll feel batter having a lovely home and a hppy family.

and a nice defender of course.
Post #58147 9th Feb 2011 9:43pm
K9F

Sonic3d wrote:
Don't do it Shocked you will regret it. No Defender is worth selling that for Thumbs Up

Hear, hear! With you 100% Sonic! Zagato can I have first dibs on the BSA please! Mr. Green If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #58154 9th Feb 2011 10:04pm
Anderzander

United Kingdom 
Well done Chris. Its good to do the right thing Very Happy
Post #58159 9th Feb 2011 10:21pm
Sonic3d

United Kingdom 2010 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS DCPU Stornoway Grey
What's with the quote at the bottom of all your posts?
Post #58163 9th Feb 2011 10:33pm
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
K9F wrote:
Zagato can I have first dibs on the BSA please! Mr. Green

If I could ever prise it off my daughter Mal, your on Laughing Had to go to Edinburgh last winter to pick it up, nearly got stuck in the snow up there, had the bike wrapped in four rolls of cling film to protect it from the salty roads Wink . Turned out to be a rare/original civvy model with matching numbers after a bit of research - which was a bit of luck. It's a 1947 M20 girder forks model - a real treat to ride with all the pot holes on Surrey roads Neutral

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #58191 10th Feb 2011 8:14am
Defender SVX

United Kingdom 2008 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 SVX Soft Top Santorini Black
Sell the wife and kids instead? Rolling with laughter Formerly mao99999
16 Focus RS Nitrous Blue.
11 FFRR TDV8 Vouge SE Black Black.
08 DEFENDER SVX SOFT TOP (SUPERB)
08 DEFENDER 110 DCPU Stornoway grey (Overland Exploration Unit)
05 Fiesta ST 150 Van
04 Jaguar XKR 4.2 Supercharged V8
02 DEFENDER 90 TD5 (next years soft top project)
95 DEFENDER 110 CSW 300 TDi Phoenix black
95 DEFENDER 90 HT Monti Carlo blue COUNTY 300 TDi
67 109" SERIES 2a TUNED 200 TDI
64 DAVID BROWN 990 rat look
55 86" SERIES 1
Post #58205 10th Feb 2011 9:28am
K9F

Zagato wrote:
It's a 1947 M20 girder forks model - a real treat to ride with all the pot holes on Surrey roads Neutral

Great looking bike Thumbs Up I got one too languishing in it's plastic bubble in the garage! Girder forks eh? How many times have you had the fillings rattled out of your teeth! Laughing Bet your dentist loves you and actively encourages you to ride the bike often as possible! Laughing If you go through life with your head in the sand....all people will see is an ar5e!!

Post #58206 10th Feb 2011 9:42am
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
More worried about having to sit on a rubber ring for the rest of my life Laughing

My mate has just put his M33 up for sale Mad and I was really after it last year - so rare Big Cry He's had it for years and has loads of spares (his father used to sell them!) but just doesn't use it anymore (was his daily commute ride!) Wants a big army truck instead.........

Bedford RL ex mil 4x4 version of the S type

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
Post #58212 10th Feb 2011 10:19am
TC

United Kingdom 
Sonic3d wrote:

I love the defender but I have to agree with Matt. Have you looked into selling an organ or two instead?? Whistle

I had an e61 BMW M5 (the touring model) and had to let it go to free up funds; granted, it was nothing like as unique as your Jaguar but it was still a rare thing. So much so that I made a profit when I sold it on, there won't be many people who can say that about a non classic BMW!

In the 18 months of ownership I spotted only 1 other e61 on the road Big Cry

Click image to enlarge
Post #58218 10th Feb 2011 10:37am
Zagato
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 
Very nice TC Thumbs Up

I know what you mean but It never gets used because only I and one child can go out in it. My wife has to drive behind me in the modern Sad We even took the old Series to Goodwood this year instead of the Jag as it's crazy driving two cars down. I have had my fun, done all the classic car shows and loved the Jag XK centenaries but I only take it out for a 20 mile spin every couple of weeks or do the school run to get the yummy mummies dribbling! Sailing is now going to be all consuming and I would love a new mint Defender, buy a Demo off the shelf without having to build one and keep it nice. Variety is the spice and living in the house from hell where regular jabs are needed is no fun.

I'm trying not to think about the sale though Big Cry New Defender, New Defender, New Defender.........
Post #58220 10th Feb 2011 10:48am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>