↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > WANTED: Ifor Williams door for canopy
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Landy nut

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 90 Td5 PU Epsom Green
WANTED: Ifor Williams door for canopy
Hi all. Am looking for as good a condition as possible door for my ifor Williams canopy for my 90 pick up. I would ideally like the one with the window in as I have dogs and would like to let light in there but will consider a solid door as well. I can collect from the south of England as I live on the Isle of Wight but would consider paying shipping if the total package price is not too bad. I currently have a mesh door and don't want the dogs to get too cold and wet. Can anyone help?
Post #53624 18th Jan 2011 2:20pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
You could consider cutting a sheet of aluminium to the correct profile and pop rivetting it to the frame of your existing meshgate - that is in effect what the correct IW part is (same frame, but without the mesh). The IW part has sealing spongy strip round the sides and top of the flap, but not the bottom where there's a gap of about 1/2" between the flap and the capping strip of the rear body/tailgate anyway.

Solid or windowed rear flaps are rare as hen's teeth for some reason, and when I wanted to do the exact same upgrade last year I went to our local IW dealer to ask about availability and price. The rear flap was getting on for £200 on its own new, but a complete new top was only about £400. The dealer offered me a big enough trade in on my old top for it to be cheaper for me to buy a complete new top with solid flap than buy just the flap on its own!

I was quite pleased at this, especially since I had only just bought the one with the meshgate secondhand for £20!
Post #53629 18th Jan 2011 2:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1