↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > shift-r install: grease/LR052893 recall & ALIGNER TOOL
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Gasket

shift-r install: grease/LR052893 recall & ALIGNER TOOL
Hi folks.

This weekend I'm fitting my new Shift-R kit from TMD.

I have never been that happy with the gearshift so I was going to start by removing the factory shifter, doing the LR052893 recall (see here: https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic29132...;start=45) and reassembling with plenty of grease. As such I bought both the two bushes needed LR052893 as well as ordering the special plastic tool (308-561 ALIGNER) to centralise the gear selector. They're all sitting on my shelf.

But then it dawned on me, that I'd probably be better replacing the whole thing at the same time while I have the carpets out, so went on to buy the Shift-R kit. I'm expecting to find a dry, cracked plastic selector when I strip it down so will be great to replace this with nicely machined components.

So a few questions if I may:

1) which is the correct grease to use on the selector ball/cup - the instructions don't say and I could do with picking up a new pot anyway from the motor factors.

2) I really can't get my head around which assembly the LR052893 bushes are fitted to in order to do the LR052893 recall. Would I still be advised to fit them when doing the Shift-R kit, or is the receiving assembly already removed and replaced with the Shift-R housing?

3) Similar story with the 308-561 Aligner tool - this is intended for use when fitting a standard shifter - is it worth trying to utilise it when fitting the Shift-R?

Basically, just trying to get my ducks in a row and get any materials I might need before starting to strip out the interior.

Thank you!
Post #947419 29th Mar 2022 3:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1