↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Off Topic > Whats going on in Europe with immigration guys?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
Lateralus

United States 
Whats going on in Europe with immigration guys?
I see and read stories about refugees and immigrants going to germany, sweden and other places and being violent, not respecting their hosts etc. Is this hyperbole or is it really a big problem? Iam hearing Germany is going to take another 10 million refugees.

Also, is it true that Germans cant voice their displeasure about immigrants who dont respect german culture?
Post #491131 11th Jan 2016 7:30pm
Wild Card 90

England 2012 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Indus Silver
Well, in view of the problems already being created by the immigrants here, I don´t see Germany remaining as generous as it has been.

Yes, there was a certain amount of "restraint" to the criticism of their behaviour, or inability to integrate. Germany´s history is still a vvid warning to the current generation.

This all changed when things got out of control at the new years celebrations in the square in Cologne. Claims of mass theft, abuse and rape (over 500 victims filing charges) have made a real mess of things.

It is a delicate situation... 1998 Tdi 90 SW,
2008 Td4 90 SW,
2012 2.2 90 SW,
2" raised Trailmaster/Terrafirma
Heavy Track Raids, 255 MT´s,
Recaro CS´s, anorak, wellingtons
Post #491148 11th Jan 2016 8:00pm
Lateralus

United States 
What is the upside to taking in people with a different set of values than yours? Why isnt the UN brokering for refugee camps in the middle east somewhere in countries with similar values?
Post #491150 11th Jan 2016 8:05pm
gilarion

Wales 2007 Defender 90 Other CSW Trident Green
I believe in Germany over a thousand refugees described as being Arab and North Africans operating in gangs of up to thirty abused over 500 women on New Year's, some sexually, leading to claims of over a hundred rapes outside Colognes railway station on New Year’s Eve.
Angela Merkel is to seek tougher laws to deport migrants after the Cologne sex attacks, however only three persons have been arrested so far in relation to the attacks. For those who like Welsh Mountains and narrow boats have a look at my videos and photos at..

http://www.youtube.com/user/conwy1
Post #491153 11th Jan 2016 8:09pm
Gareth

England 
I think the problem is finding somewhere in the Middle East, with similar values. Most places seem to be ravaged by wars caused by their diverse religious factions fighting one another. Its just a big mess, and the innocent civilians are caught in the middle. 2021 Defender 110 X-Dynamic HSE D300 MHEV
1966 S2a 109 aka Betsy
1968 S2a 88 aka Bob
2014 Jaaaag F Type 3.0 Supercharged.
Post #491155 11th Jan 2016 8:09pm
Mash

Guernsey 1998 Defender 90 300 Tdi HT Nato Green
I find it odd that a lot of the immigrants are to me fighting age males, not being funny but if it was my country being consumed by a war I would stand and fight for it! I believe they should be refused the ability to leave and taken to the closest barracks issued a rifle and uniform and trained correctly to re-take their country back.

That's my input, I shall now retire to my box before I get myself in trouble . 90 wolf - Jasmin http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic39408.html
90 V8 - Maggie http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic42564.html
110 TD5 - Buggsy http://www.defender2.net/forum/topic59029.html
52HG25 lightweight https://www.defender2.net/forum/topic72342.html
D3 Hse - Fiona
Capri 2l S - Anna

Think I might have a problem............
Post #491158 11th Jan 2016 8:19pm
Lateralus

United States 
Mash, those same arguments have been made by radio pundits here in the US.
Post #491162 11th Jan 2016 8:29pm
steve E

Wales 
We need to get out of the EU while we still have a Great Britain.
Won't be long before the problems in Germany reach the UK.
We already have problems with child prostitution and trafficking that has been the gift of immigration.

If you put a Lion in a Cage with chickens, the Lion will not go Hungry.
We are the helpless chickens while people with different values take all they can.
I for one am against letting anyone in without proper accountability for who and what they are.
Time to get the rubber bullets out.
Post #491210 11th Jan 2016 9:54pm
Pickles

Australia 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 CSW Keswick Green
No-one should get into trouble for voicing their views, because the subject is a MASSIVE problem Worldwide & will become worse, particularly for free, western democratic societies.
The problem is that there are too many "do-gooders" who encourage & enable these people to come, without thinking at all about what the consequences will be.
And the consequences are, Huge load on already stretched welfare budgets, no jobs, no housing, and these people are allowed to practise their own way of living, etc etc etc, which creates more problems.
My own view is that if you come here, even legally or whatever, it doesn't matter, but if you come here, you observe our laws, our way of life, and if you don't wanna do that, well then don't come.
Pickles.
Post #491213 11th Jan 2016 9:59pm
Projectblue

England 
Great, someone asked the question about immigration.

Next all the xenophobes come running to yell about how we need to shut down the borders and amazingly 'get the rubber bullets out' Rolling Eyes

Let's be clear - there are two separate issues.

1) Immigration/Migration of working people.
2) Refugees from war torn countries.

The large amount of people moving into Europe in the last six months are displaced from Countries like Syria & Libya. Such people are being refused entry to the poorer former Soviet Union Countries so they move on west. Why? I don't know. At a guess I would say Albania can't afford them to be there and the others are still reeling from civil war when Christian/muslim division flared up.

Why are they behaving in such a bad way after Countries gave them shelter? Some are - some aren't. There are stories of refugees cooking food the homeless, both German and others. And there are stories such as those mentioned above which appear horrific. BUT always be careful of the media. My cousin who lives in Canada kept sending me links to amazingly accurate newspapers like Daily Fail, or the Express. Honestly. That's not news.
If you want accuracy (and that's always questionable) check The Guardian, The Independent, BBC (see I said questionable) or CNN.

What you want to avoid is the likes of Fox News because it's as incorrect and biased as Al-Jezera. In fact I'd trust Al-Jezera above Fox. New project and it's green: www.projectoverland.info
Post #491228 11th Jan 2016 10:30pm
NoDo$h

England 
Very true. I've taken to reading the Guardian take on things to balance out the vitriol in the Fail and the Torygraph. If nothing else it gives me a giggle. 

54 Freelander modded for mud
2008 D3 SE
2010 90 XS SW
1978 88 Series 3 undergoing surgery with a new owner
2007 90 County Truck Cab - gone
2006 D3 SE - gone
2004 Freelander Sport - gay
1999 Disco V8 ES rotted to bits
Post #491240 11th Jan 2016 10:45pm
steve E

Wales 
Sorry to upset you with my personal views of what's going on.
The horrors that happened in Germany are real and I for one do not want my wife or 14 year old daughter to be sexually assaulted or raped while celebrating New Year.

The rubber bullet comment was that they should of been used to defuse the New Year situation in Germany, and I stand by my opinion which as a British Citizen I'm entitled to have.
Post #491243 11th Jan 2016 10:50pm
Orangesofa

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 90 Puma 2.2 SW Keswick Green
Let us not lose sight of the fact that crime existed in this country (and mainland Europe) before 'foreigners/immigrants' arrived.

It is all too easy to find someone to pin the blame to when there is a problem at home. Did we note the Syrian refugees who took to filling sandbags in the North West to help the communities who had so willingly helped them in their time of need..?

A lot of these immigrants would far rather be in their own country and we should not be so hasty to allow a number of bad apples to spoil the crop. These are largely sorry souls in dreadful situations we couldn't begin to imagine and deserve support and understanding - not hostility. If some abuse this support and commit crime then they are treated the same as any other criminal - immigrant or national - we should not make the distinction.

It is fair to say that every nation has a number of scumbags in their midst but we should be cautious about assuming that 'immigrants' are all tarred with the same brush. Labour shortages in post-war Britain saw immigration from India, Pakistan and the West Indies encouraged to plug the gaps and this boosted our economy as I think you will find immigration is doing today.

I read an article about a bus company in Glasgow advertising for bus drivers and ending up taking on Polish drivers who worked all the hours available and sent money 'home' whilst nationals refused to take such a low paid job and elected to claim dole instead. I know whose hand I would rather shake for being a morally upstanding human being in that case...

Let's not be Trumpists and make sweeping statements and instead show some humanity/empathy where needed (and throw the book at those who truly deserve it). Phil
Post #491245 11th Jan 2016 10:55pm
Projectblue

England 
Steve, you didn't upset me. I find it frustrating that people react off the deep end, but maybe you live in Germany? And of course you are entitled to have your view and I'm entitled to question it. It's called debate. All I say is think it through. A crowd of how big? And you start firing rubber bullets (and I am in no way saying that the perpetrators don't deserve rubber bullets and more). But the problem is that you don't have 500 aggressive men sat at the end of a street handily lined up for you.
The Police Chief got the sack for what happened. Scape goat or responsible for getting it wrong? I don't know.

For once the French did it right a few years ago. They had a load of trouble with migrants (not refugees) in the cities who decided they were fed up being (perceived) second class citizens. So they start rioting. Now that's a big difference from New Years Eve parties.
So I watched the news and thought, odd. French Police clamp down on this usually. Nothing. For three days it escalated. From Paris, to Lyon, to Marseilles. Then when it was happening in about six cities the French Authorities said "That's it, martial law is imposed. There is now a curfew. Anyone caught after 21:00 hrs will be summarily deported to their country of origin, even if they have perfect legal right to be in France.
Bosh. It stopped. Overnight. And I have no problem with that level of response.

As Pickles said - these are the laws we live by in this Country. Want to be here? Follow them. Don't like it here? F*** off. But we need to understand the difference between genuine people who are just desperate for a better life and chancers. New project and it's green: www.projectoverland.info
Post #491249 11th Jan 2016 11:07pm
Darcy Fairfax

England 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Corris Grey
Mash wrote:
I find it odd that a lot of the immigrants are to me fighting age males, not being funny but if it was my country being consumed by a war I would stand and fight for it! I believe they should be refused the ability to leave and taken to the closest barracks issued a rifle and uniform and trained correctly to re-take their country back.

That's my input, I shall now retire to my box before I get myself in trouble .
Rolling with laughter
Post #491250 11th Jan 2016 11:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>