↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [Wanted] Defender double din facia
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Cheshire110

United Kingdom 
[Wanted] Defender double din facia
Are there any available at better prices than the Ł290-300 everyone wants on eBay?

I'm close to getting the perfect double din setup but it would require a double din facia.

Also: does anyone sell some sort of extension harness for the plugs which connect to the switches on the defender dash? I wasn't planning on using the separate panel but instead fitting the switches into a mud puma pod maybe? Cheers, David
Land Rovers of all shapes S3 onwards… Daily is a 110 V8.
Post #303028 29th Jan 2014 12:22am
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
I think we are all probably buying from the same distributor and all need to make a profit.

I haven't seen any looms available as it is possible to move switches to the remote position without extending the wiring so there is probably little call for them.

Sorry, I haven't been very useful
Post #303048 29th Jan 2014 8:09am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ken

United Kingdom 
Re the looms contact Tim at the mobile centre he may be able to help

There will be cheaper out there but put together as well I doubt it
Post #303054 29th Jan 2014 9:20am
Cheshire110

United Kingdom 
Cheers for the advice, guys..

Does anyone sell the fascias with the top part (with the vents/clock) included? That way I wouldn't have to cut up my olds and would probably get much more for it on ebay/selling on here or whatever... Cheers, David
Post #303056 29th Jan 2014 9:51am
Go Beyond

United Kingdom 
Nope Sad
Post #303063 29th Jan 2014 10:15am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
leeds

United Kingdom 
Double Din consoles for Puma Defenders are not cheap especially when compared to those available for other vehicles on ebay.

There are several reasons for this, basically it is due to small volume of possible sales compared to the expensive tooling costs. The Defender double din console is much more complicated then those for standard Euroboxes.

I have shown the existing double din console to a mould maker, who was impressed with the quality of the moulding and his guesstimate of costs to make the mould was not exactly cheap.

On ebay TD5 centre dash typically goes for around the Ł100 mark.

A brand new centre dash for a Puma complete with the top vents is in excess of Ł200 from Land Rover.

Some information and prices can be found HERE

I know there was a Defender 2 member who was looking for just the switch panel last year, so it might be possible to sell the switch panel on to another member and recoup some of your costs.

There will be not be any off the shelf loom extensions readily available as there are so many variations on switches in the front panel and people will want to move different ones.

HTH

Brendan
Post #303080 29th Jan 2014 12:13pm
Cheshire110

United Kingdom 
thanks, Brendan, that does help...

theres a real opportunity for someone to sell a good kit that is better priced and all inclusive (wiring, vent bits, plastic fan/temp see through light up bits etc) kit for replacing the standard with a double DIN setup!

i really like the look of the Parrot Asteroid Smart, thats what i'm aiming for anyway! (Reversing camera input, wifi, BT handsfree/voice dial/audio, TOMTOM, spotify, 4xUSB, rear screen outputs, internet browser, 3G dongle or BT LAN intent, etc etc... perfect!) Cheers, David
Post #303119 29th Jan 2014 3:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1