↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Technical > Oil question with a difference...... Magnatec A1 Compliance.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
x-isle

Wales 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Santorini Black
Oil question with a difference...... Magnatec A1 Compliance.
I have a load of 1 litre Magnatec 5W30 A1 bottles that were provided as a top up bottle every time my Jaguar XK was serviced.

Being a Ford engine the A1 bottles states that it's WSS-M2C913-B compliant which is fine for my 2.4 Puma.

However, the 2.2 engine requires WSS-M2C913-C which has superceded (and is backward compatible with) WSS-M2C913-B.

Although I don't have a Defender with a 2.2, I have a Transit based Motorhome which has the 2.2 and, I believe, due to the DPF is the reason the newer WSS-M2C913-C has come into play.

So, my question?????

When I last serviced my Puma, I purchased a bottle of Magnatec A1 which is the same as my small 1 litre top-up bottles except it now states that it's WSS-M2C913-C compliant.

I have enough oil including the top-up bottles to service my Motorhome but as these top-up bottles are slightly older they pre-date the new WSS-M2C913-C specification.

Did Castrol update their Magnatec A1 to be compliant with WSS-M2C913-C or is it the same oil that already met this standard before this new compliance came out?

It doesn't really matter as I'll use them in the Defender on it's next service, but they are taking up space and just want to use them up.

Hope that makes sense? Craig Rogers

2007 Puma 110 XS
2011 Evoque Coupe Dynamic Lux
www.craigrogers.photography
Post #284536 23rd Nov 2013 2:33pm
rossy

Ireland 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 CSW Stornoway Grey
just checked my bottle of Magnatec A1 and it clearly states its good for WSS etc A, B and C so you should be fine with it Thumbs Up
Post #285712 27th Nov 2013 5:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1