Home > Technical > Issues with T-Max split charge
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
taazzukcb

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 110 Td5 DCPU Stornoway Grey
Issues with T-Max split charge
Hi All,

I've had a T-Max split charge fitted for the past couple months without any issues as far as I was aware!

The second battery doesn't currently run anything as I just havent had the time to get the auxilary wiring done and get all the gadgets in, but they're ready waiting!

However, Yesterday at work I was just messing with the door seals and I noticed the T-Max monitor was powered up showing an alternator output and also that the solenoid was still engaged and batteries linked.

As far as I can remember it didn't used to do this ... and the solenoid would unlink after IGN was off after a short while. It now doesn't do this. I have to unplug the monitor to get the solenoid to kick off ...

I will also add that the ALT reading and the 'Linked' reading still shows with the IGN off and key removed and the vehicle isolated by the means of an earth isolation switch.

My AUX battery -VE is linked to the MAIN battery -VE, then through the Isolation switch. Again, this has been fine and the isolation switch has been fine since before I owned the truck!

I have a few pics which might help but I'm puzzled and the kits only a couple months old, so rather annoying to say the least! Sometimes wish I'd gone the twin ALT route!

That reminds me, I also run a 100 AMP alternator from an EDC Disco!

Pics:

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
Post #284687 23rd Nov 2013 11:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1