↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Spotted > Approached to buy my Defender - bizarre sequence of events
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
MartinK

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 USW Orkney Grey
Approached to buy my Defender - bizarre sequence of events
Last Sunday, I was driving back from the North of Scotland, and I became aware of a Range Rover following me. I did notice he was having a good look at my Defender, and just thought of him as a fellow LR enthusiast (albeit with more money than me because he had a FFRR)... We were whizzing on a bit on the lovely bendy A835 road...

Today, I had a text from MrsK, and then a phone call from a Dealer.

The FFRR driver had been so impressed with my Defender, he had gone into the local dealership (same as my spare wheel cover), shown the dealer a photo of my car (taken on Sunday on his iphone), and asked the dealer if he knows me (based on the fact that the spare wheel cover was bearing the dealer's name).

Turns out yes the dealer did know my car (I talk to this particular chap occasionally when we're in there because he's a Defender enthusiast). He called MrsK first (her mobile number on their database), and then phoned me.

The FFRR guy wants MY Defender Smile Apparently, he owns an older TD5 Defender but couldn't believe how mine handled (following me down the twisty A835 from Garve to Inverness), and liked the mods I had done (at least the ones he could see when following me). I explained to the dealer that I'd spent ~£500 on Koni Shocks and spring upgrades to get it to handle well on-road, and also listed many of the other mods I've done...

Not keen to sell, unless I get offered a very fair amount of £...I did tell the dealer that I would straight-swap for a new RR Sport when they arrive Very Happy

However...an interesting day Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation I wonder if I'll hear anything else Very Happy Defender "Puma" 2.4 110 County Utility (possibly the last of the 2.4's)
Post #225839 9th Apr 2013 5:44pm
steve E

Wales 
Hey Martin
Nice to know your defender is the envy of people driving cars that cost twice the price. Laughing
And a great reflection on how competent you are at making a great car better Thumbs Up
Post #225846 9th Apr 2013 5:57pm
Mr B

United Kingdom 
Hi Martin,

What avgreat story - have to ask what suspension you're running then. What spring upgrade did you opt for? Thanks Nath
Post #225974 10th Apr 2013 12:15am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1