↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > Maggiolina Side Awning in Grey SOLD
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
domcoutts

United Kingdom 2014 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS DCPU Bonatti Grey
Maggiolina Side Awning in Grey SOLD
As I don't have the Maggi anymore Big Cry I won't really be needing this... Was tempted to keep it but the other half is insistent that we have an Overzone tent next time as they have more privacy.

Anyhow, so here's the side awning which as with all their kit is really good quality, waterproof, heavy-weight material. If you have any of the maggi or airtop range it easily attaches to the side of the tent giving you shelter from any inclement weather when going up and down the ladder and also stops rain blowing straight in the door when you unzip (oh the joys of camping in this country!)

I crudely and quickly fabricated some side panels just to give some extra privacy which I'm happy to include as well - just don't hold high expectations for the level of craftsmanship involved Whistle

It comes complete with a zipped storage bag which comfortably holds the awning and the accompanying poles - very simply, one end of the awning has a sewn-in sock through which you slide a pole, either end of which slot neatly into a pair of nylon webbing loops that you will find just within either ends of the upper shell of the tent. Two upright poles support the opposite end at whatever height you prefer and then you peg down the bitter end as a 'sidewall'.

It's quick and easy to attach, fits on either side and could even be rigged from the car if you want, and works extremely well.

It's in excellent condition and looks as new, having only got it last year. As mentioned, this one is grey. It measures 4m by 1.7 so gives a lot of shelter and no joke, I had it out when camped on a cliff edge in Cornwall last year when a waterspout passed by just a few hundred yards offshore, so it will survive anything!

There's a pic below with the actual awning on my vehicle with my crude side panels and another pic with a better view of an awning.

I'm happy to ship it or you can collect from Kent. They retail at £199 so I think £140 is fair.

Click image to enlarge

Last edited by domcoutts on 18th Mar 2013 9:31am. Edited 1 time in total
Post #218688 13th Mar 2013 6:19pm
domcoutts

Bump. Anyone interested else I'll stick it on eBay
Post #219868 17th Mar 2013 2:27pm
McS

Scotland 
If you're happy to ship it to Oxford for £140 then I'll take it?

Ross The Scotia Winch Challenge
Post #220016 17th Mar 2013 9:48pm
domcoutts

McS wrote:
If you're happy to ship it to Oxford for £140 then I'll take it?

Ross

Yes okay, happy to do so. PM your address details etc and I'll get it out to you this week.
Post #220065 17th Mar 2013 11:35pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1