Home > For Sale & Wanted > Buying an 05 Defender 110 XS - help please
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
yawlboy

Ireland 1993 Defender 110 200 Tdi CSW Cairns Blue
Buying an 05 Defender 110 XS - help please
Hi,

First post on here - currently a D3 owner. We have decided to add a Defender to the household. We have been offered what I think is a good deal on an 05 Defender TD5 110 XS 9 seater. I have never owner a Defender before so would appreciate advice. Is there anything in particular we should look out for? Also what is the best site for pricing info etc - I plan on importing from the UK/NI into the Republic.

Thanks in advance
Patrick 1993 110 200tdi Utility in Marine Blue

Gone - various FFRR, D3's, Discos and a Freelander or two.
Post #1631 13th Mar 2008 4:14pm
red Defender

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 XS CSW Bonatti Grey
Hi

I have a 52 plate TD5 90 hard top that has now completed over 72K miles. Its been used for what it was designed and has never let me down, not even a light bulb, unlike my shiney new 2007 model, the saga of which it on this site, both AndrewS and I seem to be suffering with more than our fair share of trouble. TD5 is great. Thumbs Up Whats broken now ?
Post #1633 13th Mar 2008 6:23pm
yawlboy

Thanks RD,

Have had a Tdi Disco and a TD5 D2 in the past with no trouble and a few D3's with a whole lot of trouble Evil or Very Mad

The seller is looking for £16,250 for a 2005 110 XS with 40,000 and "Heavy Suspension", one owner, FLRSH. Seems too good, if you know what I mean. It is a private deal and for cash so maybe it is ok but I was wondering what I should check to make sure it hasn't been abused too much (besides the obvious).

sorry for the noddy questions but as I am buying this in the UK and importing privately I want to be sure I don't get a lemon.

Patrick 1993 110 200tdi Utility in Marine Blue

Post #1636 13th Mar 2008 7:32pm
Fatboy Slim

Wales 
Seems im not the only one moonlighting over here from D3! Rolling with laughter

Go for the Td5. Absolutley superb motor, ive had a good few of them and regret getting rid of the last one (Long story) All had a beating across quarries and recycling yards day in day out with me with no major faults at all.

With the XS, the best combo I found was the JE stage 2 tune with the disco 2 transfer box gearing, turns it into a powerful beast and a lot quieter and more relaxed on longer trips!

Hope this helps
Post #1637 13th Mar 2008 8:53pm
AndrewS

United Kingdom 2013 Defender 130 Puma 2.2 SW Rimini Red
Post #1638 13th Mar 2008 10:25pm
yawlboy

Not really we need the rearmost seats. Thanks for the suggestion though 1993 110 200tdi Utility in Marine Blue

Post #1639 13th Mar 2008 11:01pm
Nidge

Ireland 2009 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 HCPU Cairns Blue
Re: Buying an 05 Defender 110 XS - help please
yawlboy wrote:
Hi,

First post on here - currently a D3 owner. We have decided to add a Defender to the household. We have been offered what I think is a good deal on an 05 Defender TD5 110 XS 9 seater. I have never owner a Defender before so would appreciate advice. Is there anything in particular we should look out for? Also what is the best site for pricing info etc - I plan on importing from the UK/NI into the Republic.

Thanks in advance
Patrick

Patrick I imported my 07 110xs from the uk , saved a fortune on list price here even paying the VRT and the euro was strong against sterling at the time.
I would recommend you have a vehicle check done on it before you buy, plenty of UK companies do this for a small fee.
Also bare in mind your 3 year warranty will run out this year. But land rover here will honor any warranty till 3 years are up.
I would buy in the UK if possible have found prices in N Ireland higher. I got mine from Guy Salmon in Stockport and they also delivered it to Dublin port for me !! Make sure you buy before June as VRT and Tax rates are increasing then.
There was a 2005 xs on Carzone a few weeks back not sure if its still there.

You will notice a big difference in noise any comfort in the 110 , compared to the D3.

Best of luck with the search.

Nidge.
Post #1644 14th Mar 2008 7:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1