↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Series Land Rovers > New 'Defender' arrives...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Screbble

United Kingdom 2004 Defender 90 Td5 XS CSW Zambezi Silver
That’s a Superbulous milestone πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Lovely to see/hear.
My only criticism is that a driveway that long needs filling with more Land Rovers Rolling with laughter
Post #1029772 29th Mar 2024 7:40pm
I Like Old Skool

United Kingdom 1994 Defender 110 300 Tdi ST Coniston Green
TexasRover wrote:
Its your car and no offense intended but why did you loose the original wheels?

Wheels maketh the car, and somehow I think the smaller wheels suit these older small landrovers better.

These are some handy wheels we had available for free. Not sure what we will end up with yet but the original wheels on the vehicle are a real mish-mash of types and ages. All in varied states of crustyness, a couple that appear to be age relevant but mostly from later on and have minor differences and non matching offsets. Plus the tyres are mostly unusable and the rims are all tubed only. Wheels are only suitable for a die hard restorer who wants to display the vehicle rather than use it IMO, from a safety and practicality POV.

Probable long term plan will be to get some 7.50x16 equivalent tyres on a set of later tubeless defender steel rims. Young lad does want narrow tyres but also the extra height. Thumbs Up
Post #1030175 2nd Apr 2024 9:55am
I Like Old Skool

United Kingdom 1994 Defender 110 300 Tdi ST Coniston Green
defender9 wrote:
That looks a nice straight old thing. The Blue suits it, looks like the RAF Blue that was used on some of the Station Wagons and LWB 107/109. Good choice of Butler rear lights rather than the original now very expensive Pork Pie lights.

Re; colour. I always suspected it started life as a dark green due to the odd fleck of green showing through here and there, but while working on the car we found a large giveaway on the seatbox. While inside the boxes have been sprayed blue, removing the centre panel shows the original dark green which I guess can only be Bronze Green. Similar to my Defender Coniston Green but if we convert back to green will have to be the correct Bronze rather than the Coniston.
Post #1030178 2nd Apr 2024 10:02am
gcc130

A good guide to finding the original colour is to remove the LHD hand brake blanking plate, not many people remove it when repainting.
Post #1030184 2nd Apr 2024 10:52am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123