↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > Puma (Tdci) > Seatbox Help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
need4speed

Seatbox Help
Is there any tricks to removing/refitting seatbox without having to remove sill channels from the tub?

Ive noticed from Microcat that there is lokut nuts on the sill uprights but mine just has normal nuts/bolts meaning that to remove/refit the seatbox, the sill uprights are not supported to the tub. They just flop around.
Post #227902 16th Apr 2013 8:11pm
need4speed

Seatbox
Can the seatbox be removed independantly of the sill uprights, or do the uprights need to be unsecured from the tub at the same time?

My setup had nuts/bolts going through the whole lot (seatbox / sill uprights / tub) which i dont think is correct.

Can someone please confirm?
Post #228091 17th Apr 2013 11:58am
need4speed

It seems more folk on here are too busy pimping their ride with 20" wheels and fairy lights to bother about how major components go together.... Rolling Eyes
Post #228442 18th Apr 2013 8:52am
Jonno

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Santorini Black
Maybe a bit of that but I would hazard a guess that nobody has ever needed to do this so wouldn't know !
Post #228499 18th Apr 2013 12:01pm
Jonno

United Kingdom 2011 Defender 90 Puma 2.4 HT Santorini Black
Maybe a bit of that but I would hazard a guess that nobody has ever needed to do this so wouldn't know !
Post #228500 18th Apr 2013 12:01pm
JeremyJ

United Kingdom 
need4speed wrote:
It seems more folk on here are too busy pimping their ride with 20" wheels and fairy lights to bother about how major components go together.... Rolling Eyes

Bit harsh.

I'm not certain having never seen or had any reason to remove the seat box on a Puma.

Can I ask why you need it out?
Post #228501 18th Apr 2013 12:05pm
blackwolf

United Kingdom 2007 Defender 110 Puma 2.4 DCPU Stornoway Grey
I believe that it is possible to remove the seat box without disturbing the modesty sills or the support bars behind them, although it may well be easier to remove them first.

It is of course possible to remove the seatbox without disturbing the B post.

It is a little unusual to need to remove the seatbox, and I have to wonder why you need to. Usually removing the floor and seat box panels gives enough access (and is easy).

Not everyone here pimps their ride as you suggest, this forum has a wide range of different skills, preferences, and a huge range of experience amongst its members. Although some have fixations about 20" wheels, making everything gloss white, lowering the suspension, or covering everything in leather, that is a personal preference and there are as many who don't. Even those who do deserve some respect! The fact that that isn't your cup of tea doesn't make it wrong.

If you don't immediately get a reply to a question it may simply be that no-one knows the answer, or that no-one who knows the answer has yet seen the post, or that so many people have asked the question already (for example "am I missing a gearbox mount") that there's no point replying.

It is inevitable that once in a while a question won't get answered, but that is the price of the good answers that most get. A little respect will get you more help. Thumbs Up
Post #228526 18th Apr 2013 1:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1